Name: Sky Elijah Metalwala
Date of birth: September 2009
Age: 2 at the time of disappearance. He would be 7 today.
Date of disappearance: November 6, 2011 (Note: investigators believe it is possible that the boy went missing prior to the date his mother reported him missing)
Timeline of Events:
- In 2010, Sky’s parents (pictured below) separated and were in the process of a bitter divorce at the time of Sky’s disappearance.
- Two weeks prior to Sky’s disappearance, no one had reported seeing the boy other than his mother, Julia Biryukova. His father, Solomon Metalwala, had not seen his son in over a year.
- On November 6, 2011, Sky’s mother was driving both Sky and his four year old sister to Overlake Hospital Medical Center. She claims Sky was sick.
- According to Julia, the 1998 silver Acura she was driving ran out of gas. She pulled over at the 2600 block of 112th Avenue in Bellevue, Washington.
- Julia removed the four year old from the car, but left Sky strapped into his carseat with the doors unlocked. Julia and the four year old walked a mile to the nearest gas station.
- Witnesses claim to have seen the car parked on the side of the road between 8:00 and 10:00 am. No one reported seeing anyone inside.
- At the gas station, Julia called a friend to give her a ride back to her car. She arrived back at the car about an hour after she left Sky inside. Sky was no longer inside.
- Julia called the police to report her son missing at approximately 9:50 am.
- A search of the area turned up zero clues.
- In December 2009, both Julia and Solomon were charged with reckless endangerment when they left 3 month old Sky in their car on a 27 degree day.
- Julia had frequently left her children alone, including one incident only days prior to Sky’s disappearance where she left him alone for 11 hours.
- Julia never bought gas nor did she have a gas can on her at the time of Sky’s disappearance. Investigators learned that the car had not ran out of gas and had no known mechanical problems.
- Julia refused to take a polygraph test and would not speak directly to authorities unless it was through her lawyer.
- Both parents have accused the other of abuse
- Julia remarried after Sky’s disappearance and gave birth to another child. Child Protective Services have deemed Julia and her new husband as unfit parents.
If you have any information concerning Sky Metalwala’s disappearance, please contact the Bellevue Police Department at 425-577-5656.
For updates on the case, please “like” the page A Search For Sky Metalwala on Facebook.